Healthy Living Center's Safety Guidelines:
- If you do not feel well, remain at home.
- Seating is spaced to meet CDC's recommended guidelines.
- Face mask must be worn at all times.
- Classes sizes are limited to 10 participants.
- The center is disinfected between all classes.
- Health and temperature screen are completed upon entering center.
- All entering the center are to use hand sanitizer upon entering and leaving the center.
- Visitors log must be signed.
"Becoming the standard of change in healthcare in the community we serve..."
The Healthy Living Center is a facility devoted to increasing health awareness and education in the Norfolk community. The mission of the center is to collaboratively interact with and provide self-care management skills to members of the community to modify and improve their quality of life through education. The goals of the center are to:
- Improve quality of life through the services and products we provide
- Enable community members to take charge of their health and healthcare through interactive disease management education, collaborative self-management coaching, and building empowerment skills
- Provide current evidence-based management education that is tailored to the community in an open and encouraging environment
HEALTH & WELLNESS
Visit the Healthy Living Center in the New-Walk Medical Center to take the first steps to living a healthier lifestyle.
LOSE TO WIN
Commit to change and join the Healthy Living Center's Lose to Win weight management group sessions!
Gain the tools to better manage your diabetes with the help of certified diabetes educators.
If you are interested in volunteering with the Healthy Living Center or sponsoring one of our growing programs, let us know!